ARRC Summer Season Registration is Now Open!
Spring starts this week and it’s time to think about Fall races… are you looking for a friendly, supportive running group to train for a full/half marathon, triathlon, or are you trying to stay fit in general? Arlington Road Runners Club offers a gradual 6-month training program to help you achieve your goals, meeting in Rosslyn for increasingly longer group runs every Saturday morning. Though the program is scheduled to end with the Marine Corps Marathon in October, our members train for races all around the country and overseas, so we can work with you to adjust your mileage for your target race.
- A full 26-week training schedule with pre-run stretching & warmups
- Mid-week track workouts and extra miles scheduled for those interested in extra training/longer distances
- Planned routes along both sides of the Potomac, around the National Mall and into Rock Creek, Old Town, Falls Church, and Bethesda – beautiful sunrises and wildlife seen regularly!
- Volunteer-run homebase and waterstops (for runs over 10 miles)
- Experienced mentors, and a variety of pace groups to fit your speed Invitation-only Facebook discussion page
- Regular information about hydration, nutrition, running gear, avoiding injuries, and race preparation, among other topics of interest
- Weekly newsletters with detailed trail maps, race photos, and more
- Mid-season and end-of-season “survivor” parties … and a fun group of people from ALL walks of life – all ages, sizes, speeds, and levels of experience!
Make your goals a reality! Register through Active.com (https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=34608253&e4q=30b748f7-1c07-43d5-9385-d0b97ba6c3b3&e4p=cce96a49-9f99-4fb4-99c0-0099989a621e&e4ts=1458210429&e4c=active&e4e=snawe00000000&e4rt=Safetynet&e4h=a05119b379987a3dcc86dbab824da11f)
RETURNING MEMBERS: $70 / NEW MEMBERS: $90
Sign up before April 15 and save $20
Sign up by April 30 and save $10
Orientation Day is April 30th – we’ll meet at 7AM in Gateway Park at the base of the Key Bridge for a 3-miler to determine pace groups.
Summer runs are at 7am through May, 6am from Memorial Day through Labor Day, and after Labor Day they return to 7am!
We look forward to having you join us on the trails! **************************************************************************** Congrats to all of you who Sham-rocked this past weekend.
Our season kicked off with a happy crowd on a beautiful morning! We will continue to accept registrations for at least another month, so please join us by clicking the registration link to the right. See you soon!
The full schedule for the fall/winter season have been posted: http://arlingtonroadrunners.com/2011/12/182/.
Track workouts will begin this week 12/14/11. Stay tuned for more information regarding time and location. Make sure that you’re signed up for the ARRC-Track Yahoo group to receive details about these workouts.
The fall weather is the perfect time for running. We hope that everyone is enjoying this perfect running weather. Fall racing already underway, means that winter training is just around the corner. Be prepared. Train with friends and join us. Together we’ll brave the winter weather!
Season dates: 11/26/11 – 4/7/12
Start time: 7:30am –
Winter Homebase – Starbucks
$20 for members PLUS receive a $5 gift card for referring a friend!
Track workouts will begin next Wednesday, May 11 at 6:30 PM! These workouts will be mainly on the track but we will also have hills for repeats and trail workouts. The idea is to get people to find other “gears” in their running, by doing faster paces for shorter distances than the slower pace of the Saturday long runs. The workouts are available to members at no extra charge and are important for anyone who wants to get faster and have better conditioning for races. Weekly emails with workouts, locations (for those weeks not at the track) and other information will be sent by our track coach, Rod, through the ARRC-Track Yahoo Group – please join this group if you are interested in track workouts with ARRC!